The educational philosophy of the Akili Academy of New Orleans is driven by our college preparatory mission.
Our philosophy is based on four core values:
- All students can learn and master grade level standards.
- Great teachers and great teaching are essential to student academic success.
- A structured, focused, and accountable school culture drives student achievement.
- Data analysis drives effective instruction.
The core values of Akili Academy incorporate the following elements to support the educational needs of our students and to reach our academic goals:
- Use of high quality, tier 1 curriculum in all classes and grade levels.
- An unrelenting focus on literacy acquisition in the early grades to ensure that all students are reading at or beyond grade level.
- Intervention or extension time embedded in our daily schedule to meet the needs of all students.